SIS (Service Information System) is a subscription-based evaluation service for agencies serving immigrants and refugees. It was developed by LogicalOutcomes, a Canadian nonprofit, in partnership with OCASI, with funding from the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration.
Evaluation is an important part of nonprofit operations, but it requires expertise and financial resources that few agencies have to spare. We've developed SIS to respond to this problem. SIS lowers the cost and improves the value of monitoring and evaluation for nonprofits. It does this by helping agency staff to design and run their own evaluations.
We've made a large part of SIS available for free. This includes our indicator registry, basic evaluation tools, and community data portal. But to benefit from our full evaluation service, we recommend that you subscribe.
When you subscribe to SIS, we set you up with an affordable, user-centred evaluation system that is custom-made for nonprofits. It features a full suite of evaluation and reporting tools, plus training materials and support from our team of expert evaluators. With SIS, agency staff have all the resources they need to design and run high-quality evaluations, from start to finish.
What's great about SIS?
1. State-of-the-art evaluation design
- Our evaluation planning tools help you develop objectives and a methodology for your evaluation, so you know what to do and how to get it done.
- Our high-quality indicators measure program outcomes the right way. This means that findings can be shared, compared, and aggregated across the sector.
2. Trouble-free data collection
- We use our validated indicators to custom-build surveys that help you track client demographics, health, education, social inclusion, finances and more.
- We provide many options for data collection. Staff and clients can respond to online surveys on a computer or a mobile phone. You can conduct telephone interviews or print surveys for manual data entry.
3. Powerful analysis and reporting
- Our powerful data visualization and reporting engine makes it easy to analyze program impact, view findings, and generate reports.
- Our interactive data portal uses information from Statistics Canada to create charts and graphs showing income and employment trends for immigrants in your community. Use it to demonstrate need in your community or add context to your reports.
4. Security comes first
- SIS aims to comply both with Canadian privacy laws and with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new law which is much stricter and more detailed than North American regulations.
- We've integrated security and privacy protections into every part of SIS, from the design of our data collection tools to the way we encrypt and store data. This means that client privacy is maintained from start to finish.
OCASI was formed in 1978 to act as a collective voice for immigrant-serving agencies and to coordinate responses to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors. Its membership is comprised of more than 225 community-based organizations in Ontario.
LogicalOutcomes is a Canadian nonprofit with a mission to build organizational evaluation and learning capacity to improve lives. Over the past two years we have successfully implemented ten evaluation systems built on District Health Information Software (DHIS2), the software platform that forms the basis for SIS.ngo.